Every parent wants to see their son's hitting and pitching improve and their fun level go up. But most do not understand how to ensure this happens. Video Analysis is the only way to guarantee this improvement.
"There is no question, that as the undisputed leader in Pitching and Hitting improvement in Houston, we are the only BASEBALL SPECIALIST utilizing ADVANCED EXPERT VIDEO ANALYSIS to deliver a consistent 99% success rate. With thousands of lessons given, TORQUE SCHOOL OF BASEBALL with Mike Skoutelakis, is the proven path to proven results. This is why we are the only SPECIALIZED BASEBALL TRAINING SERVICE to offer a 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED PROMISE."
"We can all agree that both younger and older players are much better visual learners. Obviously, more successful players use Expert Video Analysis than any other type of training. As a matter of fact, if you are not using video in your child's training, you or your instructor are just guessing as to what the problems are."
"In fact, over 95% of all High School players have used Expert Advanced Video Instruction prior to enrolling and playing High School baseball."
"100% of all Major League and College teams use Video Analysis to help their hitters and pitchers be successful at the highest levels."
"Obviously, using EXPERT VIDEO ANALYSIS to teach hitting, pitching, fielding, catching, speed and mental game skills is 100% more effective than trying to teach without it."
WHEN WE VIDEO OUR HITTERS, WE ARE GOING TO STUDY 11 KEY SWING POSITIONS TO ROTATIONAL HITTING:
1. THE STRIDE- ARE WE GETTING TWO TO FOUR INCHES OF FORWARD MOVEMENT WITH OUR ENTIRE BODY IN OUR STRIDE.
2. THE LOAD- ARE WE PULLING OUR HANDS BACK AND IN CLOSE TO OUR BODY AND BACK SHOULDER FOR MAXIMUM BAT SPEED DURING THE SWING.
3. TORQUE ANGLE- ARE WE MAXIMIZING THE SEPARATION BETWEEN OUR UPPER AND LOWER HALVES WHEN WE START OUR SWING FOR OPTIMAL POWER.
4. TIMING OF OUR SWING- ARE WE STARTING OUR SWING ON TIME, TO EARLY OR TO LATE.
5. PROXIMITY OF BALL TO BODY AT CONTACT- ARE WE ALLOWING THE BALL TO GET NEXT TO OUR BODY AT CONTACT FOR MAXIMUM POWER AND BAT ANGLE.
6. BACK KNEE BEND- ARE WE GETTING PROPER POSITIONING OF THE BACK KNEE DEPENDING ON THE HEIGHT OF THE PITCH.
7. SHOULDER TILT- ARE WE GETTING PROPER TILTING OF THE SHOULDERS FOR THE PARTICULAR PITCH THAT WE ARE TRYING TO HIT TO CREATE THE CORRECT BAT ANGLE.
8. HIP ROTATION- ARE WE GETTING FULL HIP ROTATION AROUND A STATIONARY AXIS WITH A STRAIGHT FRONT LEG.
9. BACK HEEL ELEVATION- ARE WE GETTING OUR BACK HEEL POINTING TOWARDS THE SKY DURING THE SWING FOR MAXIMUM WEIGHT TRANSFER.
10. HIGH FINISH- ARE WE FINISHING WITH A HIGH FINISH TO MAINTAIN BAT PLANE THRU THE ENTIRE SWING FOR MAXIMUM DISTANCE.
11. EXCELLENT BALANCE- CAN WE MAINTAIN PROPER BALANCE FROM THE START OF THE SWING THRU FINISH FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.
Being able to visualize and understand these concepts will allow our hitters to more quickly correct any deficiencies they may have but more importantly have the self-awareness to identify a problem when something is not working properly on their own.
"In just a few short weeks of working with Mike and TORQUE BASEBALL'S VIDEO ANALYSIS, my sons hitting swing has transformed from that of an amateur player to that of a MAJOR LEAGUE HITTER. It is so exciting for both me, my son and Mike to watch my son's video along side that of MAJOR LEAGUE HITTERS and see that they are the same. It is AWESOME. In addition, my son has learned MENTAL GAME TECHNIQUE'S for improved focus and releasing anxiety that are so common in this game. My son wants to be a successful high school player and I feel we are well on our way."
Here are the benefits of pitching video analysis:
1. Learn how to correctly make necessary mechanical adjustments by learning how to perform those moves and visualize them in your mind before throwing each pitch.
2. Make sure that if your son has poor mechanics, they are quickly corrected to improve effectiveness and protect from injury.
3. Visualize and identify thru video certain mechanical problems that lead to poor velocity and a lack of control.
4. Build confidence as your son sees himself pitching and getting his body in the same advantaged positions as the successful major leaguer's that he watches on television do.
5. As a parent, end your son's frustration and self doubt about his pitching ability because now he is getting immediate results along with his confidence and enjoyment level soaring.
6. Make certain that your son gets every opportunity to pitch in high school and possibly get a college scholarship if that is his and yours goal.
To ensure all of this we will videotape during every sessions to make certain that everything is working properly and consistently.
It is in the parents' and players' best interest to receive proper pitching instruction with video analysis as soon as they learn how to pitch. This way they learn how to pitch the safe and effective way from the start.
So the most important thing you can do for your son or daughter is to make sure as early as possible that they have proper pitching mechanics so they are not at a disadvantage in little league on up thru high school.
*WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT GETTING A SECOND OPINION ON YOUR SONS PITCHING MECHANICS WITH VIDEO ANALYSIS TO ENSURE THAT HE IS BEING PROPERLY PROTECTED AND INSTRUCTED IS A WISE DECISION.
*IN FACT, VIDEO ANALYSIS IS YOUR BEST INSURANCE POLICY AGAINST BAD PITCHING INSTRUCTION. THE CAMERA DOESN'T LIE.
*THE FACT IS THAT PITCHING INSTRUCTORS THAT DON'T USE VIDEO ANALYSIS, DON'T USE IT BECAUSE THEY CANNOT PROPERLY INTERPRET THE DATA, IDENTIFY THE FLAWS, AND HELP THE STUDENT MAKE THE NECESSARY CORRECTIONS TO REDUCE CHANCES OF SERIOUS INJURY AND IMPROVE PERFORMANCE.
*CLEARLY, VIDEO ANALYSIS PROVIDES YOU GUARANTEED IMPROVEMENT BY IDENTIFYING FAULTS, THAT LEAD TO LOSS IN VELOCITY AND CONTROL, AND CORRECTING THEM.
*OBVIOUSLY, WITH VIDEO ANALYSIS, FAULTY MECHANICS THAT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ARM INJURIES CAN BE IDENTIFIED.
*WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT WITH VIDEO ANALYSIS, A PITCHER CAN GET IMMEDIATE VISUAL ANSWERS AS TO WHY HIS ARM HURTS, VELOCITY IS LOW, AND CONTROL HAS DISAPPEARED.
*AS A MATTER OF FACT, OVER 50% OF ALL LITTLE LEAGUE AND HIGH SCHOOL PITCHERS ARE PITCHING IN PAIN.
*OBVIOUSLY, IF YOUR SON IS THROWING OR PITCHING WITH PAIN, AN EXPERT VIDEO ANALYSIS IS URGENT BECAUSE YOUR SON IS IN HUGE DANGER OF ARM INJURY.
*CLEARLY, WITHOUT VIDEO ANALYSIS, THE PITCHER PAYS THE PRICE BY INCREASING THE CHANCES THAT HE WILL BE INJURED OR CUT FROM HIS TEAM, PREMATURELY ENDING HIS PITCHING CAREER.
*IN FACT, RECEIVING PITCHING INSTRUCTION WITH EXPERT VIDEO ANALYSIS IS YOUR INSURANCE POLICY AGAINST WASTING VALUABLE TIME AND MONEY.
GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME
CONFIDENCE - THE GOAL of the MENTAL GAME
"It's all about confidence. The whole world revolves around confidence".
-Joe Maddon, Manager American League Champion Tampa Bay Rays
"Remember, if you want real success in baseball, you must train your brain."
- Tom Hanson, Former New York Yankees Mental Game Expert
IN WHAT SITUATIONS ARE THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THE MENTAL GAME NECESSARY:
HERE ARE JUST TEN SITUATIONS FOR A PITCHER:
1. AFTER A WALK
2. AFTER A HOME RUN
3. AFTER AN ERROR
4. AFTER A BAD CALL BY AN UMPIRE
5. BECAUSE OF POOR PITCHING MOUND CONDITIONS
6. WHEN A COACH IS YELLING AT HIM
7. WHEN HE FEARS THE HITTER AT THE PLATE
8. WHEN HE IS MAD
9. WHEN HE IS SCARED
10. WHEN HE THINKS HE NEEDS TO BE PERFECT WITH HIS PITCHES
HERE ARE JUST TEN SITUATIONS FOR A HITTER:
1. WHEN HE IS HITTING WITH 2 STRIKES AND FEARS STRIKING OUT
2. WHEN HE IS HITTING WITH MEN ON BASE AND FEARS FAILURE
3. WHEN FACING AN OVERPOWERING PITCHER AND IS ANXIOUS
4. AFTER HE JUST FOULED OFF HIS PERFECT PITCH AND IS MAD
5. AFTER HE JUST LET HIS PERFECT PITCH GO AND IS MAD
6. WHEN HE HASN'T GOTTEN A HIT IN THREE GAMES AND THINKS HE IS GOING TO LOSE HIS POSITION
7. WHEN PLAYING IN FRONT OF LARGE CROWDS MAKES HIM NERVOUS
8. AFTER HE JUST SWUNG AT A BAD PITCH
9. AFTER A BAD STRIKE CALL BY AN UMPIRE
10. AFTER GETTING ROBBED OF A BASE HIT
HERE ARE JUST FIVE SITUATIONS FOR A FIELDER:
1. AFTER MAKING A FIELDING ERROR
2. WHEN HE IS PRAYING THAT THE BALL ISN'T HIT TO HIM
3. AFTER MAKING A THROWING ERROR
4. WHEN PLAYING IN FRONT OF LARGE, NOISY, HOSTILE CROWDS MAKE HIM NERVOUS
5. WHEN HE HAS TROUBLE BREATHING AND STAYING CALM DURING CRUCIAL SITUATIONS ON THE FIELD
"It is clearly evident that the player with the best Mental Focus performs the best and has the most confidence. Without question, the player's success or failure will be 100% determined by his strength in the Mental Aspect of the Game."
"Mike Skoutelakis is one of those rare people that I would consider a true student of the game. He is one of the most motivated coaches I have met and is always looking for new ways to teach the fundamental skills, and for new ways to increase his knowledge base so that he can best help the athletes he works with. Mike Skoutelakis is the kind of coach I want my kids to play for.
-Brian M. Cain, MS, CAA, Athletic Director
Winning Techniques For Hitting, Pitching, Fielding, and Base Running
* THE KEYS TO HITTING NO MATTER WHAT PITCH YOU FACE
* THE KEYS TO PITCHING FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS, VELOCITY, AND CONTROL
* LEARN FIELDING AND THROWING SKILLS AND DRILLS TO IMPROVE YOUR DEFENSE
* LEARN HOW TO STEAL BASES, TAKE THE EXTRA BASE, AND SLIDE SAFELY